Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Truth

Maya Had apparently lied about contacting Hoody while I was in Levenworth....

She somehow thought this was a good thing, that I wouldn't freak the unholy fuck out about this at all.

She got lucky....

Lucky I don't care the god damn gun around the house or I would probably have to explain why I shot a got damn teenager who showed up at random at my door, completely unarmed and wearing a hoody...

Well my last name is not Zimmerman so I don't think I would have gotten away with it, hey I just wanted you all to know I was thinking of the unfortunate implications of what I'm typing.

So anyways, I learned they were in contact, while Maya was forcing me to watch damn near clockwork orange style some bubbly anime about Japanese girls in high school.

Then again she introduced me to some show called Berserk, so yeah it's not a complete loss.

Anyways, back on topic, she actually invited Hoody, without telling me, while you know, I'm still... What's the word.... Oh yeah, FUCKING PARANOID, about the idea that I potentially false memories of a missing family, and the guy I suspected was the cause, showed up at my door..

So I of course opened the door, saw him there, whipped a switch blade out, and took a pose that screamed "Fucking bring it"...

It really does occur to me, that I have way to many god damn weapons around my apartment, I mean I've had most of these from before it hit the fan around here.

His rebuttal was to hold up a bag containing a 6 pack of root-beer and ice-cream, and a copy of the Wii game Dokapon Kingdom..

I swear to god if If this had happened yesterday, none of you would have believed me.

So I put the knife up, I mean if he brought video games and the ingredients to Root beer floats, then hell I'd had better let him in.

I mean the whole thing was a bit awkward, Hoody was... well quiet... Maya was gloating in the fact she had been kicking my ass, it wasn't until the second float of the night for me, and the third time Maya had shaved my avatar's head and renamed my character "COCKMONGER" (I'm not making this up, the girl anit right) did we actually start talking.

Antonio came out and said that he wasn't the one behind what happened to my family, but he knew who was, but he didn't want to tell me who it was, something about me "Not being ready" and was unsure if I knew this second proxy or not.

I polity let him know that I only knew one Proxy, and he just jacked another one of my towns, and that I would get that fucker back once I unlocked my demon form thing (I'm still not making this up, this game is awesome)


At the end of the night, Hoody had left, leaving Maya and I alone. You know while he was in my place he had his hood off, and only put it back on once he left, he had the Tattoo like Maya and I do.

 I asked Maya in the calmest most understanding tone this question can come off as "Maya seriously what the fuck?"

She had replied simply "What did you want me to do? Hide the fact I was in contact with him? Especially when he's the closest thing we have to someone on the inside? We need help if were going to find out what erased your memories."

Frustrated slightly I stated "How do we know it was my memories that were altered? It could have been yours that were altered for all we know"

Maya stepped into my personal space "What do you remember Paul, tell me" She put her hands in mine and looks into my eyes "Please..."

I'm some-watt pissed off at myself for what happened next... I gave into this to easily... if she's the second proxy... then I was playing right into her plan...

"I... remember... a Wife.... and a Son.... Everything was different" I cringe when I realize I had let it slip. but at the same time it was a relief to let my self admit that I remember my family, even if I'm the only ones on earth to remember this

Maya to her credit, well she really is amazing, rather than freak out or overreact that I kept this back from her, sat me down on the credits, and holding my hands in front of me as she sat on the floor in front of me, just asked me "Tell me about them Paul..."

I tell her everything, she way her hair would always be in front of her face in the morning, the way my son would saw "I You" because he couldn't figure out how to say "I love you".

I tell her about the wedding, the church it was in, I tell her about the day my son was born, how I carried him all the way to the nursery ward, I tell him how I melted the first time he opened his eyes and looked at me, the cute mewing noise he made, the fact that he snored by the time he was 2.... or the fact that he was barely 6 lbs at birth, and would eat about 3 ounces of formula at a time.

I tell her about my first date with my wife, the first time we met in college, the moment we realized we were in love, the first time we broke up, for all of 6 hours before we were back together, apologizing for it all. I remember the look on her face when I told her I wanted to spend the rest of my days with her.

Maya just sat there and smiles stroking my hand, not upset, but understanding... if she's telling the truth, then she... we probably had to go through this once before with Hoody...

When I'm done unleashing these bottled up memories, she smiles and hugs me, she says she understands now why I haven't wanted to tell her this. She tells me it's going to be painful sorting out what was real, and what was fiction, but I had helped her sort it all out for Antonio, and she would help me sort it all out.

For a second, I wanted to push her back and scream that it was real... but I didn't.... I asked her to tell me about us, our relationship... for the first time I allowed my self to open to the possibility, that my memories are fake.. I really do blame you for this Manic.. but I sit there, hugging her and listening.

I'll post her story, about the day we met later on after I go crash for about 10 hours.











8 comments:

  1. I'm Sorry, but it is a possibility you have to consider adapt, or die. The thing is Patch is you rely on what others think of situations, like what your friend Ryan thought of Elaine, I'm just giving you possibilities, whether you accept them or not isn't my fault.
    -Manic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am adapting, honestly I am, I'm allowed to be pissed while I'm getting my ass beat at a game I've never played before.

      Delete
  2. Patchy....I'm sorry for you that it's so goddamn insane.

    Also, proxies are fun to party with, if you give them a chance......they always find ways to kick your ass at video games, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying Lucia, I really am....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I understand the difficulty. I'm just letting you know that it can be fun, haha.

      Are you holding up okay?

      Delete
    2. I'm honestly holding up the best I can, I had the idea of letting Maya telling me her stories about our relationship, and then comparing them with similar events in my memories of my wife and son, just to see where they match up and where they don't.

      I figure it might tell me what was real and what wasn't.

      Delete
  4. GUIs FDIC ah irei yocetb festiv maya udice. Icy gdhbehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay Yeah, I anit translating this, anyone else able to?

    ReplyDelete