Thursday, April 5, 2012

Memory 2

Okay so several days ago I opted to post about how I met my wife, to compare and contrast, I'll post the differences in a sort of timeline at the end of the post.

Well unlike the last post where Maya remembers my college grant falling through, I do remember starting college early on in 2006, yeah yeah, I started college late at around 25, I spent allot of time at home helping my dad with his dinner, so sue me.

Alright, so, I want to say before my second quarter there, I only made it through 2 full quarters before the grant fell through in this timeline, I fell in with a group of like minded people....

Okay they were LARPer's and SCA folk, I mean hell as we established I'm a trained Kendo practitioner, I won't claim to be qualified to teach it, but it's been a long time Hobby of mine, for at least the last 7 years, Ironically this was true in both timelines. so 2005, I started Kendo classes.

The nerd quotient was high with us, We would every third weekend of the month, take these PVC pipe's Wrap them up in foam and duck tape, and beat the spit out of each other in one of the nearby parks for a few hours, having fun, mostly....

At one of these events, I met the woman I would eventually marry...

God we must of looked ridiculous there, here I am in some Ren-Fair getup, wearing a pained barrel plastic chest plate sitting and have drinks with a woman in what could be described politely as a some-watt "Revealing" dress...we really hit it off, well as well as we can

Heh... Yeah turns out she was there with her brother... A big... ugly, son of a bitch.

I'm of course talking about Ryan..... Okay yeah I didn't mention that before now, sorry, for some reason it didn't seem to mater who she was related to, I guess that helps explain a bit of Ryan's anger right?

Hell I knew the guy at that point for about... oh... well heck I'm thinking 5 years at that point, I didn't even know he had a sister, he never brought her up, and she was just back from college back east.

So he walks up rather pissed and tells me that "If you wanted to get to know my sister, your going to have to fight me for the right"

Well who the hell am I going to say no, Lets ignore the fact that he had started Kendo around that time as well, he never rode it as far as I did, but at the time, we were equals at it.

So there I was dueling for the affections of my best friends sister, we fought it out for what felt like an hour, but in the Late-spring sun, something rare in Tacoma, we didn't care, the dual was long and hard, and just when he was about to defeat me, I got the final blow, I rolled out of his overheads chop, clipped him in the back of his knees and took his head.

Later Ryan would tell me that he was secretly okay with me talking to his sister, because at least he knew I was a good man, unlike other guys she's dated.

As the evening wore on, the three of us, had dinner, at a familiar diner that Maya had mentioned, my Wife and I would go there many times in the next few years, before it went under in 2009...

The year we god married....

.
.
.
.
Sorry for dropping that Ryan, I know you asked me not to mention it but, it's important if i'm going to sort all this out, and frankly, I think it would help explain your motivations for wanting to find and wipe out this second proxy, I know you think it's Maya, but we don't know that yet.

Okay as you might have noticed this story creates a major hole that needs addressed, as I recall mentioning, My wife's family, doesn't remember me, except for Ryan, who does remember me, I think he still remembers me because of the lost girlfriend he mentioned, Sarah.

Ryan and I have both lost to the proxy's, were just handling it differently I suppose.


Okay now that we got the "How we met" stuff out of the way, here's a time line of collected events, I left my wife's and son's vanishing out of it for now. because, well I don't know, it feels wrong to time line that. I'll add to it as time rolls on, as you can see a few events match up. Ryan's an ace card I'm keeping in the wings, I won't ask Maya about him until the need comes up.

Year
2001 - (October) I meet Ryan in an online gaming chat (Wife-line)
2005 - (March) Started Kendo Classes (Both-Lines)
2006 - (January) Stated college (Wife-Line)
2006 - (May) Met wife at college (Wife-Line)
2006 - (September) Started work at the Plastic factory (wife-line)
2007
2008 - (December)Met Maya in Diner (Maya-Line)
2008
2009 - (June) The diner burned down (Both-Lines?)
2009 - (July) I get married to my wife (Wife-Line)
2010 - (March) My son is born (Wife-Line)
2011 - (July) Got inked with Hoody and Maya (Maya-Line)
2012 - (February) ****THE BLOG STARTS HERE****

Unless something comes up, my next post will be in a few days, about Maya's story about our first date. The Concert.

3 comments:

  1. It seems your paying to much attention to this, what does Manic call, Patch, the truth will out eventually just enjoy the ride as you go.
    -Sirus

    ReplyDelete
  2. PATCHY, the fact that she's HIS SISTER is KIND OF IMPORTANT.

    ....god. I just....I'm inclined to agree with the above, I feel like you might drive yourself up a wall if you keep thinking so hard. Give it some time. See what happens. And if nothing happens, you can go back to thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He always has been kind of a dumbass, speaking of which

      HEY DUMBASS, CHECK YOUR EMAIL!

      Delete