Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Memory 3

Okay this is not Paul, he's out right now buying extra ammo for the pistol. This is actually Maya, because he was having writers block trying to write up how our first date went I volunteered to do it for him. :D

It's okay for me to be here alone, I brought one of my Granddad's hunting shotgun's with me, and Antonio is "Guarding" the Wii right now =_=

I swear he's such a child sometimes, even if he could flick his hand and toss me out the window.

It's okay though, it's better than being home alone right now.

Okay so lets see now, okay our first date.. So as you might have remember if you've been following the blog, that Paul mentioned that I kinda dared him to go on a date with me...

It was the most crazy, wild, awesome, thing I've ever done even if he, well he wasn't always the sharp dressed man he is today. I mean he was nice enough to pick me up from work... but wow.. he was still a mess. He wore this ragged old grey coat, with a couple holes in it, Some shoes with holes in the bottom, stained blue jeans he probably worked in the day before.

Paul was a mess okay! I mean wow, I''m glad I didn't pick him up from home, it would have been hell introducing him to my parents dressed like that, I think me must of thought nothing would come out of it, I mean he gets to go to a free concert, and I get to not get felt up by some drunk asshole. It was a Win-Win situation!

Well as we all know looks are not everything in life, and Paul was a perfect gentlemen, where his clothes were a mess, his car was impeccable, this was before he started to "Batman-out" everything by hiding weapons all over the place.

And was that car  was nice, I mean the poor thing died a couple years ago, I think he might still have it somewhere, but he had this sweet 69 Camaro painted in  dark blue with silver highlights... It was amazing, I mean I guess at the time he didn't take it out to much.

Sorry off topic, but I'll tell you guys, at the risk of sounding shallow, but I love cars, and that car really made me give Paul a chance. Hell if a guy is going to break out a car that nice to take out on a date in, then you had better give the guy one.

Well there's not much to say about the concert itself, I mean here I am, rocking out like a high schooler to one of the bands my dad used to listen to, and Paul, well I'm bouncing around like the little rocker girl I was, but Paul, he was so... Stoic about the concert, I could tell he was enjoying the music, but it was in a  totally different way.

Paul doesn't head bang, he doesn't dance to it, he just stands there and feels the music hit him, like he's letting it pass through him. Sure I might of just be remembering it wrong, he could of been standing there totaly bored out of his skull... But there is one thing about Paul he never told you guys..

Paul wears a hearing aid... He's not completely deaf, but he suffered severe hearing loss as a teenager in his right ear. I didn't notice it because how long his hair was at the time.and he dosen't need to sign or anything, I mean he can hear just find out of the left ear.

Yeah I found that out on our first date, when he was scratching behind his ear and there it is, sticking out of his ear. I just asked a guy with hearing problems to a music concert...

You can imagine how embarrassed I was, But to be fair, he probably didn't know I was blonde at the time since I was dying my hair purple at the time. Okay so that's not even kinda close.

Okay concert's over around... midnight or so, he tells me he doesn't work tomorrow and he's a night person so we go out for coffee on the waterfront... Most of you probably don't know what the Ruston way water front is like, but that late at night, with almost no one there, it's probably the most beautiful spot in the city.... I mean I couldn't help my self, were both sitting there watching the water of the Puget sound, with no one else around, I rest my head on his shoulder, and he puts and arm around me.

We sat like that, for almost 4 hours just talking, it was great.

I may have asked him out on a whim to the concert, but I loved that man by the end of that concert...

What happened after that, well that's just between me and Paul...

4 comments:

  1. Paul speaking, Re-Hijacked my PC, Thanks for letting slip about my hearing :P

    Also I never pictured myself as being the "First date" kind of guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you can use the hearing aid to make your sense more sensitive, some runners use them to help hear people creeping up on them, so it's not exactly a disadvantage.
    -Manic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I had the same thought on the matter, I was actually trying to fiddle with the volume on it last night.

      Delete
  3. Hey, I had a friend who was totally deaf in one ear because of a birth defect. So I'm not judging. XD

    ReplyDelete