Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sanctuary


So I guess Antonio is taking care of himself for now, that's good...

Okay you get two guesses who this is, the first two don't count, and for the record, I don't like surfacing like this to post, where I'm staying is a hell of a lot safer than this, not to mention I don't like leaving my mortally wounded girlfriend laying in a bed back there on what I hope to hell is enough painkillers to keep her sedated for now.

I surfaced because the dumb-asses went and made them targets, and I was hoping to draw them out, take the three of them, and yes there are three of them. Ryan, and two others, I would of done this a few nights ago if some fucking dipshit Runner got the idea that I was the enemy and attacked me in the ally way I was baiting them in to.

I guess I have that effect on people now, funny what a few nights in a place two steps from hell will do to you metaphysically..

But no, she had to go and get her self semi gutted, and now I'm breaking into a hospital to steal as much medical supplies as I can fit in my rather large backpack, painkillers, bandages, sutures, antibiotics.

Because she's not dying for me... No one is....

And before you get pissy at me about the runner, he was collateral damage, he struck first, I struck last, it could have gone so very differently if the Kid wasn't pissing himself that I had just pulled my new Bokken out a trash dumpster. Fear made him charge when he should have ran and not looked back. He was my first kill... I thought it would be harder than it was.

He was in my way, a step between me and my enemies, my soon to be victims.... But you know, by the time I post this, I'll be halfway back to my sanctuary, safe and sound and treating Maya, and since she's not bleeding at the moment, let me tell you all a story. I guess it's been a few weeks now since I died, so let me tell you how it went down, Maya already told her side of this, but she missed the chat I had with Ryan..

So there I am, battered, having just beaten several Proxies into submission, I'm on the roof of my Apartment building, standing off with Ryan, and he did the usual "Join me, kill the girl, and we can walk away from here" Speech...

I tell him of course to go fuck himself, because I love the girl, even if she's a bloody idiot sometimes, then he lays it on me, I have this part of the conversation seared into my head, I see his face from my blind eye when he says this, and the only way to get his smug face out of my vision is to kill him.

Ryan: "Come on Paul, we already know how this is going to end, your tired from beating my men up, you can't beat me in a fight right now, at least if you kill her you'll know it'll be as painless... or painful as you want it to be"

Me: "Go to hell Ryan, I trusted you, and you were planting memories in my head? FUCK YOU, I'LL KILL YOU BEFORE I JOIN YOU"

Ryan: "Is that anyway to talk to your brother?... Get that look off your face, of course you didn't know, I mean how the fuck would you, our father doesn't even remember me anymore thanks to the boss"

Me: "Wha... W.. No.. fuck that, that's not possible, Thats not fucking possible!"

Ryan: "Did you really think I invented the idea of missing family members being erased from memory? No.. I just took inspiration, I mean I remember the day I walked into your work, and with my words, convinced everyone I worked there on your team, sat down next to you, and over the course of a few minutes, had talked your entire memory into your head, I wanted you to be part of my life brother, and I wanted you to be on my team as well"

The rage was boiling, if this was true, then he had tried to brainwash me into killing my lover and my friend, so I would join up with him... he would do this to his own brother? Then he says four fucking words, and my whole world came undone in front of me

"Remember the truth now"

Then in one screaming moment, all the false memories were torn from my head, only the echo's remain, only the fleeting images of the family I had so deeply held to my chest, were gone... the only thing was left was clarity... and rage.... the rage that would carry me on up till this point.

So we fight, at one point he jam's his thumb into my eye socket, and I feel every moment of it, I scream in pain as he crushes my eye with his finger.. I remember blacking out for a second, then I snap back to reality, and my pocket knife is covered in blood and Ryan is holding his side.

Maya is still blacking in and out at this point, Ryan kicks me in the side, and I feel allot of something give, and he tells me "Our reunion is going to be cut short, I called the boss in to deal with you, he has plans for you... Brother"

The rest is history... I lied to Manic, I lied to Maya, I sacrificed myself to the slender-man so they could escape, and I had hoped, been free from this fucking mess....

I'd tell you what happened on the path... but you know what.. I deserve to keep my secrets as mine, none of you would understand what happened, and why I made the choice I did... I'll say this

The secret is in the blood... My blood... and Ryan's blood....

So it's time I got back, I got my work cut out for me, I don't know if my Sanctuary alone will be strong enough to help Maya recover, and I'm not exactly a doctor... so wish her luck...

Just gotta light a match... and boom... no more evidence that I was here... I'm sure the sprinklers here will contain it.


5 comments:

  1. Tell me Where the Fuck you are so I can heal Maya, I Sold my Freedom to keep you lot safe, you don't deserve my pity, nor my help, She does, So tell me, and I'll try not to kill you.
    -Manic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get the feeling he's not in a position to read your post... He stated he had to "surface" to post... Where in the hell could he be staying that his 3G tablet wouldn't get a signal?

      Delete
    2. We need to meet to sort out this mess once and for all, we need to meet, if you agree I'll come and meet you on your terms so you feel safer, don't worry, Sane isn't going to try anything, he finds this to much fun to interfere with.
      -Manic

      Delete
  2. Mmmm, Patch. Stay safe, okay? Things are getting worse for you and that worries me. Though I don't know that you'd be thrilled to see Antonio, yes or no, you're welcome here at Antithesis if things get too bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I don't think he finds anywhere safe apart from his Sanctuary.
      -Manic

      Delete