Sunday, June 10, 2012

Reconnection

Wow a second post in two days is this what stability is doing to me?

I did my normal morning spars with Anna earlier today, when Michael came out with a  wooden blade of his, more of a European style, I believe a long sword..

Michael is a competitive level Fencer, and he wanted to test my skills like the old days.  I'm going to try to recall what we said, keep in mind were dueling the whole time.

M: "So Paul, lets see if you've been staying up to speed on your training."
P: "I know you don't believe me Mike, but it's all true, there's shit going on I hope I can keep you all out of."
M: "Look it's not that I don't believe you, but do you really expect me to believe that there's a secret war out there between normal people and servants of this monster your talking about"
P: "It seems unlikely right? I mean I didn't believe it at first, I thought I was just going crazy, I actually thought Maya was a stranger, an enemy, and Antonio... forget it, some creepy asshole who was working for them, god I was so convinced of it all"

I took a harder swing than I intended to, and got Michael in the ribs with my Shinai, he steps back for a second holding his side wincing

P: "Well you swordplay is has definitely taken a turn for the aggressive, hey if you need our help you know were here for you"
M: "That's the thing, it's too dangerous, I almost died several times since this started, I would be putting you all at grave risk, you all may very well die!"

I got sloppy and found myself put as sword point by Michael

M: "To late my friend, I talked to Roland already looked into your claims, he saw the report about the Assault on your apartment, your disappearance, allot of people died in your building when that happened, that's the only reason he wanted us to let you stay here so he could talk to you about it."
P: "The man behind the attack is already dead, I killed him, I already told you that"

Michael lowered his wooden sword.

M: "Thats the problem, that's street justice, that's not how things work, I found the news report on the warehouse explosion, there only found one body, but you sounded really and honestly shocked that we mentioned that Maya was back in town. Why is that Paul? Did something happen?"

I sit down against a post, take a long drink from my water bottle, The hurt left was clear in my voice as the words left my mouth.

P: "Maya and Antonio went into that warehouse with me, I was the only one to get out of there, if they found another way out, why didn't they contact me before now, why wait almost two months without a word, Its not like I didn't have a blog or something I could have been found through."

Michael sits next to me, I thought I had seen Angel watching from inside the apartment, I know she doesn't trust me.

M: "Well the holy shit creepy vibe you got going, the missing eye, and the fact you look like a bum, that screams you went through a hard time, maybe they didn't have a means of reaching out to you, maybe they were on there way back this way expecting you to come back here."

Anna came out and brought us both some breakfast, someone made steak and eggs for breakfast, it's been a while since I ate actual food.

M: "Let me help, I don't care if Roland and Angel don't help, the two of us can beat any chalenges that come our way, wasn't that how it was at Atlas?"

We ate in silence while I pondered his words.....


4 comments:

  1. They are stupid for trusting you, because you bring the scent of him with you. Like water, he is attracted to himself and those with his mark. Damn fools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, We damn fools stick together. It's like how trailer parks and Gypsies always seem to band up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting comeback. It almost made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kid I know your just having an amazing time self destructing over there, but the negativity is not helping.

    ReplyDelete